Thursday, May 24, 2007

Looking back,
I achieved much in my secondary school and at the same time I didn’t.
My life revolved with band daily.
It’s like a meal which I cannot sacrifice.
Even at this second, I’m thinking about RWS.
How are they going to survive now.
What’s the main issue in band now.
Why did this happen.
When did this happen.
Who are the people involve.
Yeah, the 5 big Ws and 1 lil H.
Three out of 6 days (without Sundays) revolves with band.


Those times I dreaded going band,
when I don’t feel like attending band practice, when I feel that I’m such a lousy player in band, when I didn’t have much close friends in band, when my mom nagged at me because of band, when me(including my batch) got scolded by teachers for being proud, when I have so many meetings with excos (almost once a week),when I threw my temper in band,when I walked out in band, … ...

But, only through band.
I learnt.
To be patient.
To control my temper.
To be polite.
To lead my section/band.
To serve my band.
To teach.
To play well. (musically)
To be strong no matter what comes in my way.
To persevere on though it seems that its’ going to collapse.
To come out with all kinds of solutions for all kinds of situations.
To be well-prepared at all times. (proposals for camps in advancement)
To entertain.
To be able to have a wider connection of musicians.
To be a role model.
To be fit. (physically)

And this is who I’m now.

If there’s no band in my 13th year,
I wouldn’t have become who I am today.

I might be some rubbish chickening lians loitering outside.

But thanks be to band,
That I’m not.

If someone said you’re dumb just because you’re unable to play the rhythm,
Do not take it what they say.
For they’re dumb enough to comment you before looking at themselves in the mirror.
For they have no right to comment about you.
For they’re not YOU.
And you’re YOU yourself.

Cheer up girl.
I’m here for you.
Do not get affected by what people says.
Look at yourself.
Be confident and feel good about yourself!

Practice makes perfect.
But since no one’s perfect,
Then do the best YOU can do.

know your limit.

No comments: