Sunday, March 16, 2008

CAMPS and MORE

Yes I was away for camps since Monday. Pei Xin Primary School "Facing The Giants" Workshop held on Monday and Tuesday. The students were very disciplined, probably because they were the leaders of the school. Had no problems with the students, but am very glad they brought the values learnt through games and stories I shared back. Got closer with 4 other coaches since there were only 5 coaches for this workshop. Also many thanks to Jeff for the dinner treat on the last day! Then we had a late night movie outing at town afterwards. Watched Meet The Spartians and had supper with the rest of the coaches till two am. Norman drove John and I home then.

The next day I had meeting with the band excos till late noon before I set off for Poi Ching Camp training. Can't say much for Poi Ching Primary Six Cohort Camp since I was there only on the whole of first day. I learnt the different techniques to start off the whole class from James, framing up, dealing with different students.. I see immediate improvements in the students once we started debriefing them on the points they should work on. One thing for sure I know was, I stepped out of my comfort and usual zone which I never think I'll.

Band camp exchange followed by games and so on. Everything was smooth and last day we did Appreciation with one another. After the camp, liting, hazel, junhao and I went for movie. I guess we were too crazy at that point of time. But during the Water Horse movie, fell asleep man. I guess we were all too shagged.

Another learning experience awaiting for me. 18th-20th Mayflower camp.

End off with a few pictures. (Didn't take much during bandcamp)

Group photo with coaches when we did our highest tower.

Band PHOTOS.
Noelma.
ANYU.
Jessica.
Jordan.
with hctib. Ready for more? :)

No comments: